Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting Started - Sunday 1/23 (Day 1)

Introduction
My name is Kate.  I am a 30 year old woman in Connecticut, with a family, a profession, and a generally busy life. 
I am starting this weight loss journey at 231.5 pounds.  I have high blood pressure and am pre-diabetic.  I want to change these things around, be healthy and fit, be more attractive, and be a good, healthy role model for my daughter.
On Saturday evening at about 11 p.m., I purchased the Kindle version of Neris & India’s Idiot-Proof Diet, and read it in bed while my husband slept.  I like Neris and (particularly) India, and their candor and humor.  The diet is basically low-carb, high-protein.  Its broken down into 3 phases.  The first is the introductory 2 week phase, which is strictly no carbs.  Then, apparently, you get to phase 2 and you start adding indulgences a little bit at a time.
I weigh about what they did when they started, and I like that the book chronicles how they each lost 70 pounds during the following year.  I could stand to lose 70 pounds, although I haven’t weighed that much since…
So, I decided to start first thing the next morning.
I got up, weighed myself (after going to the bathroom):  231.5 pounds
They recommend doing measurements, but I haven’t found a measuring tape yet.
My goal: is to weigh 150 pounds, and to get off of my high blood pressure medicine.
That means that I am working toward a healthy and safe 80 pound weight loss.
Day 1
Sunday went like this:
Meals
Bacon and eggs for breakfast;
Cheese for snack;
Salade nicoise (no eggs) for lunch with baby spinach, 1 can tuna in olive oil, olives, cherry tomatoes, squeezed lemon, salt and pepper;
Chicken parm (breaded with parmesan cheese only, used Rai’s vodka cream sauce which only has 4 carbs per ½ cup serving, covered with organic mozzarella and drizzled olive oil).
Snacked on celery sticks with blue cheese dressing later at night.
Exercise
I didn’t exercise.  We did a lot of walking when we were out shopping, but I didn’t do anything purely for “exercise” sake, which I think is what you’re supposed to do.
Water
Drank water like a crazy woman.  I definitely got 12 glasses in, plus the Rooibos tea they recommended, which has a sweet flavor.
Vitamins/Supplements
I took my multivitamin and fish oil.  I hadn’t yet purchased the coenzyme Q10 or psyllium husks that were recommended.
Generally, I felt good.  I got a little heady at dinner time, and really felt starved, even though I had munched on a ton of allowed snacks during the day, and had sucked down water like a fiend.  I really craved sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...