Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

I have made some slight additions to my diet and exercise regimens in this New Year. 

First and foremost, I started supplementing with MCT oil this week - one tablespoon twice daily.  I will be posting on the purported benefits of MCT oil supplementation as well as the results of my n=1 MCT oil experiment in the near future.

Secondly, I have upped my gym attendance, and tonight, I am attending an orientation at a nearby martial arts facility, which is doing a "Biggest Winner" contest. 

For $50, you sign up for the "Biggest Winner" 8 week program, which begins on January 16th.  They weigh you before the start of the program and at its completion; the person who has lost the most weight in the interim wins some cash.  I'm not doing it for the cash - I am doing it for the highly discounted "cage fitness", "brazilian jujitsu" and "applied self defense" classes that you can take for no additional charge during that 8 week period.  Assuming that I go twice each week, that is 16 fitness classes for $50.  I am trying something new and interesting, and I am excited.  I fell asleep last night, with the "Kung Fu Fighting" song in my head...
I weighed myself this morning, to get an official 2012 starting weight. 

Here are my stats:

198 pounds; 14.5" neck circumference; 6" wrist circumference; 43" bust; 37.5" waist; 46" hips. 

I lost 33.5 pounds last year, and several dress sizes.  I feel better and look better.  I am three pounds away from being at my high school graduation weight.  2011 was a really trying year.  I wasn't able to focus on my own health goals the way I aspired to at the beginning of the year, when I started LCHF.  Given all of the crazy stuff that we dealt with, I am happy to have lost this weight, and I look forward to becoming healthier and trimmer in 2012.

This year, my goal is to lose 40 pounds , and to get myself toned up.  My weight has not changed much since I squeaked in under 200 pounds in October 2011.  It is time to shake things up a bit. 

WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS FOR THIS NEW YEAR?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...